Wednesday, January 29, 2014

From one crafter to another

Knowing that I am a crafty person - my friend (who is also crafty) who is due in March with her first child asked me to make her a cloud mobile for the nursery. She had seen one that she liked on Pinterest/Etsy that cost way more than she thought. Even though I am more of a card-maker, I do very much enjoy all paper crafts, so I was up for the challenge! Here is what I created:


I thought it came out awesome! I already had the white card stock, so I just had to buy the cloud dies and some fishing line. I ended up getting these from Simon Says Stamp. I gave the mobile to her as a baby gift - and she loved it! YAY!

I also wanted to share a new card technique that I've been trying out. Its like a splotched watercolor technique. I saw Kristina Werner do it in this video (and I've seen other people do it too - I just can't remember who!) Here's my version of that watercolor technique on a sympathy card:


I just love the look of it! It's so simple and classy. The sentiment and ribbon are from Stampin' Up.

That's all for today! Ta-ta for now!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, your mobile is so sweet! And your card is wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute cloud mobile! LOOOOOOVE!! Congrats to your friend as they welcome their new bundle of joy:)

    LOVE that sympathy card- that's a great technique to use for this theme! BEAUTIFULLY done:)

    ps... thank you x10000000 for stopping by the Virtual Smooches blog and leaving some love for me! And thanks for watching my videos! <3 You made my day <3 THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete