Sunday, July 7, 2013

My first card challenge

So I've been following some awesome blogs to see what else is out there in the card-making world, and I have come across some pretty cool things and techniques. One thing that I have been seeing a lot of is card-making challenges. The host of the challenge will pick some sort of theme, or sketch, or color palette, etc, give you a time limit, a few examples and off you go! Since I'm always looking to try something new, I tried my hand at my first challenge.

Here is the inspiration sketch:



This is my creation for the Lawnscaping sketch challenge:





Stamps: Stampers Anonymous
Patterned Paper: Studio Calico
Ink: Ranger "Vintage Photo" distress ink

We'll see how I do!

4 comments:

  1. I think you really nailed this sketch spot on!

    You should try Retro Sketches and The Fusion Card Challenges! For Fusion and Retro Sketches, it does not matter what stamps you use, and you really can follow design! Go for it, and HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and suggestions! I'll check them out!

      Delete
  2. Yay! So happy that you're joining Lawnscaping as your first challenge!! Love your take on the sketch, great nautical card and perfect for a man too! I hope you keep playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is awesome - it's a great masculine card (which I can never do right)!!!! I love the nautical style! Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!!! And thank you for picking us to be your first challenge - we are honored! :)

    ReplyDelete