Monday, October 21, 2013

Shoe organizer

I'm so happy I was able to craft this weekend! Not only cards, but a little sewing too! I've been in a frenzy to organize, and re-organize my house, and life. I recently re-did my closet, and with that I needed a new way to store my flip flops and flats. I was inspired by this item, and thought I could make it myself:



And this is what I have come up with:

This organizer takes up little to no space! It works perfectly!

The material I used is some sort of linen. I used two pieces with a fusible mid-weight interfacing to add reinforcement. I sewed in two dowels, in the bottom and towards the top, below the snaps to help keep the structure, and keep it from sagging weirdly.  There is a flap that is snapped around a sturdy hanger (this allows the hanger to be replaced if needed). Finally I used about a yard and a half of black elastic down the middle to hold the shoes. i didn't have a pattern or anything, and kind of made up things as I went along. And it only took a couple hours to make!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment